Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Day Four

This morning the scale recorded me at two hundred fifty-six point eight pounds,  which translates to a BMI of forty-four point one. That's a daily loss of one point eight pounds and a BMI drop of zero point three. Cumulative totals for the three days are eight pounds lost and a drop in BMI of one point four. 

Yesterday I had a bit of lethargy/lack of energy early, but it passed after an hour or two. My overall activity level was low to moderate, and I was able to function normally. I did seem to run low on energy a little earlier in the evening than usual, but not by a lot. 

The prebiotic fiber showed up early in the afternoon and I had a dose/serving with some Earl Grey tea. I used a little erythrinol (a zero calorie sugar alcohol sweetener recommended for keto diets) to improve the experience, but it wasn't really necessary. There is very little taste to it, so the tea just tasted like tea. The powder doesn't fully dissolve, so some continued stirring or swishing is needed to get it all. 

I chose Hyperbiotics Organic Prebiotic Powder, and for now I recommend it. I'll update if my opinion changes. I felt no physical hunger, and experienced zero stomach distress of any kind, including the mild gnawing sensation that I usually get intermittently for a couple days at about this point in a fast. In fact, for the rest of the day I physically felt as though I'd just eaten thirty minutes prior. 

I only consumed water, the tea, my usual supplements (now including the fiber) and one electrolyte drink. 

Sleep last night was unremarkable. All in all, there is little indication that I haven't eaten in roughly eighty hours except for my brain screaming at me to eat (which it does constantly, even when not fasting). Even that part seems to be less intense and easier to ignore than usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment