Thursday, January 6, 2022

Day Six

Two hundred fifty-four point six pounds, BMI forty-three point seven. Daily loss of zero point two pounds. No change in BMI. Cumulative five-day totals are ten point two pounds lost and a one point eight drop in BMI. 

Yesterday was a real struggle.  Energy level was low, but I was mostly functional. I had to force down the supplements and the fiber infused tea. It took most of the day to get one electrolyte drink down. My stomach was on the edge of upset all day, and I was generally miserable. Finally, around 1700 - one hundred thirteen hours after my last meal, I decided to break the fast. I had two eggs scrambled with a touch of bacon bits and some shredded cheddar cheese in a Mission Carb Balance tortilla.  Three hundred eighty-five calories and nine net carbs.  This decision kicked me out of autophagy, but I'm still in deep ketosis. My stomach distress disappeared immediately after I ate. 

The new plan is to fast as long as I can, and when my body pushes back too hard I'll have a similar meal and then fast again.  Maybe I'll make the rest of the forty days. Maybe I won't make it through the weekend. Time will tell. As long as I can go at least 72 hours between meals, my weight loss should continue at a respectable pace.  

2 comments:

  1. If you keep the fasting going for too long, you permanently damage your metabolism. I'm not saying don't do it, but...three to seven days was a Biblical limit for a *reason.* And the reason may not have been given Biblically, but if you lay Levitican law out along side more recent health discoveries, a lot of the laws had a strong basis in what preserves health.

    Fasting for three to seven days won't hurt you, and may actually be helpful in both short- and long-term effects. But you need to BREAK that fast within the set time frame, or there are concrete consequences set by biology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew forty was a pipe dream. Turns out four is my limit.

      Delete